THE WORD FOR THE BLOG IS SCIENTIFICTION

miércoles, 14 de abril de 2021

The Freeze-Frame Revolution by Peter Watts.

I love how Mr. Watts writes. I like his pessimism and his vital cynicism, and above all, I adore his perspective of life and intelligence. In this novel the author maintains the level of controlled madness that has us accustomed but unfortunately I have not understood the end. For me this is a nonsense and apparently I am not the only one.

You can see the plot on the cover of the book, a really interesting approach, as well as its development throughout the novel, but as I have already mentioned the problem of the novel is the last part. Perhaps it has different meanings, or simply the last chapter was not necessary, I do not know.

For what it is worth, Peter Watts' The Freeze-Frame Revolution (2018) evokes me these two novels, by some aspects of the argument that I will not explain (because spoilers): on the one hand Dark Star by Alan Dean Foster and on the other Marrow by Robert Reed.

I must indicate that this novel is complemented by other stories that the author has published and that I have not read (except "The Island", great story). I think some of these stories can be found for free on the Internet.

In my opinion this is not his best work, but a less accomplished novel by Peter Watts is preferable to a good novel by many other authors.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario