THE WORD FOR THE BLOG IS SCIENTIFICTION

martes, 16 de enero de 2018

Luna: Wolf Moon, Luna trilogy #2, by Ian McDonald


(I know there could be some mistakes in this review. I’m trying to improve my English, thanks)

(También puedes leer esta reseña en castellano aquí)

Reading an Ian McDonald's book is not an easy endeavour for the science fiction fans, frequently used to more lighter novels. It requires carefull attention to not lose the richness and nuances of his prose, and in this case the added difficulty to remember all the dramatis personae. But the effort has its reward: in an unique way the author shows a complex and also a highly believable story about our future Moon.

Of course, like all Ian McDonald's books, to better understand his novel a second reading would be preferable.

About the plot, I just want to say that an elegant change suggests us new possible ways for the third book, while it maintains our attention for the whole story. It is said that the medium book of a trilogy is the most risky, but this is not the case: Wolf Moon maintains the quality of the first novel and needless to say, I highly recommend both novels.

I must comment that, as the previous book, it disappoints me a bit that the ending is an absolute cliffhanger… but I suppose it is the author choice in this trilogy (or perhaps by his publisher, I do not know). 

So, as Master Yoda says: Patience! Wait for the third novel we must... (scheduled for next July).





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario